Hats! Gloves! Lunch bags! Hoodies! A lone/lonely rollerblade?!?!
Some amazing parent volunteers have once again sorted the dreaded lost and found closet into an orderly array on tables in the front hall. Please come check for your kids belongings in the next few days.
We hope your kids all came home with great stories about the Dance-a-thon yesterday! Howard has lots of great dancers!
Thank you to everyone who contributed already and no worries if you didn’t have a chance – you can still make a pledge via School Cash Online or send in the envelope!
Also big thanks to the parent volunteers: we really appreciate your support!
Candice and Erin
Hello Howard Community!
The Lion King needs more help to get the costumes organized and built out. There’s a big costume committee that is back on and back to busy.
To keep costs down, and be resourceful and eco-aware, we are looking outward to find donations of things that YOU DON’T NEED any longer. Before we spend our budget, we wanted to make sure these items weren’t lurking in your basements and closets taking up space. PLEASE SEE THE LIST BELOW!
Please note these items cannot be returned. They will often be altered or adapted.
Please bring items to the school and put in the main hallway boxes marked “Lion King Costumes” by Friday March 6.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these items, please email
The Lion King crew
- Black fur (guessing 15 yards) – variety okay
- Colourful feathers – numerous sizes and colours
- feather boas (colourful)
- sheer fabric (tan, camel or light brown)
- vinyl or suede like fabric (tan, camel or light brown)
- faux fur many colours (tan, camel, light brown and white)
- white faux fir – long pile (think Yak)
- orange felt
- ~1/2 inch elastics bands (for cuffs) – any colour
- Safety pins
- Spray glue
- Two sided tape
- African print fabric
- Glue gun sticks
- Quilting filling or similar
- Long white tube socks x4 (NEW!)
- plain black beanie x8
- Tan t-shirt short sleeve
- Leg warmers – ideally white x2
- Bird figuerines x2 (will not be returned)
- Wood dowling 1/4″ – 1/2″ diameter . Need 6′ length
- faux fur removable hood brim from winter coats x 8
- grey hoodie and grey legging / track pants
- black fake leather jacket – around size 12, motorcycle cut x3
- little black knit stretchy gloves. Singles accepted. No returns
- orange yoga mat
Hi Howard Families,
Tomorrow is the big day for the DANCE-A-THON and we are still missing volunteers for the following time slots:
10:35 – 11:15
1:45 – 2:15
2:30 – 3:00
Please email email@example.com to let us know if you can help out!
We also have a revised schedule for you:
This is also your reminder to get your pledges in to sponsor
your little dancers tomorrow. You can do this by logging into your https://www.schoolcashonline.com/
account and go to MAKE A DONATION!
1. Select the amount you wish to donate
2. Make sure to select the Fund Destination as “Howard Jr PS Dance-a-Thon” from the drop down list – otherwise funds will not be directed to our school
3. Complete the page & a tax receipt will be automatically issued to you via email
4. You can also send a cheque to Howard Jr. Public School, and put DANCE-A-THON in the memo, or you can send cash in the pledge envelope that came home a couple weeks ago if you still have it!
Hi Howard Families,
Our annual Dance-a-thon is this Tuesday March 3rd and we need parents to come help by supervising the fun! Pop on some dancing shoes and come embarrass your kids. 😉
Just a reminder, this is a really fun event, where the kids come to the gym with their classes and take turns having a dance party in the gym.
The Dance-a-Thon schedule is attached below so you can volunteer when your child(ren)’s classes are participating. Please email Candice at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
As a reminder, kids can also make song requests on the Professor Jamz website!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Candice and Erin