Hello Howard Families,
Howard teachers need our help on Thursday, March 12, 2020, from 8:25-8:45am!
Let’s join them for a Walk-In Solidarity Action! Meet on Howard Park Ave sidewalk by the school grounds entrance on Thursday morning at 8:25 AM. Bring your signs and some treats to share! We will also have art supplies on hand for families to make signs on the spot! Let’s show teachers how much we appreciate their fight for our public education system.
Please consider circulating this message by email and through your social networks.
More details to come! In the meanwhile, you may also find the attached Op-Ed from the Toronto Star of interest. If you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact Midori Miyamoto via email@example.com.
Andrea Raymond – Teachers Dispute Exposes the Pink Elephant in the Room
Keep yourself in the loop about all things Howard!
Check out the February 2020 Meeting Minutes for important updates about:
- Remembering Mr. Ing
- School bus safety
- Howard’s time capsule event (coming in May!)
- Schoolyard revitalization updates
- Grade 6 graduation
Hats! Gloves! Lunch bags! Hoodies! A lone/lonely rollerblade?!?!
Some amazing parent volunteers have once again sorted the dreaded lost and found closet into an orderly array on tables in the front hall. Please come check for your kids belongings in the next few days.
We hope your kids all came home with great stories about the Dance-a-thon yesterday! Howard has lots of great dancers!
Thank you to everyone who contributed already and no worries if you didn’t have a chance – you can still make a pledge via School Cash Online or send in the envelope!
Also big thanks to the parent volunteers: we really appreciate your support!
Candice and Erin
Hello Howard Community!
The Lion King needs more help to get the costumes organized and built out. There’s a big costume committee that is back on and back to busy.
To keep costs down, and be resourceful and eco-aware, we are looking outward to find donations of things that YOU DON’T NEED any longer. Before we spend our budget, we wanted to make sure these items weren’t lurking in your basements and closets taking up space. PLEASE SEE THE LIST BELOW!
Please note these items cannot be returned. They will often be altered or adapted.
Please bring items to the school and put in the main hallway boxes marked “Lion King Costumes” by Friday March 6.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these items, please email
The Lion King crew
- Black fur (guessing 15 yards) – variety okay
- Colourful feathers – numerous sizes and colours
- feather boas (colourful)
- sheer fabric (tan, camel or light brown)
- vinyl or suede like fabric (tan, camel or light brown)
- faux fur many colours (tan, camel, light brown and white)
- white faux fir – long pile (think Yak)
- orange felt
- ~1/2 inch elastics bands (for cuffs) – any colour
- Safety pins
- Spray glue
- Two sided tape
- African print fabric
- Glue gun sticks
- Quilting filling or similar
- Long white tube socks x4 (NEW!)
- plain black beanie x8
- Tan t-shirt short sleeve
- Leg warmers – ideally white x2
- Bird figuerines x2 (will not be returned)
- Wood dowling 1/4″ – 1/2″ diameter . Need 6′ length
- faux fur removable hood brim from winter coats x 8
- grey hoodie and grey legging / track pants
- black fake leather jacket – around size 12, motorcycle cut x3
- little black knit stretchy gloves. Singles accepted. No returns
- orange yoga mat