On Thursday May 17th at 7:00pm, Please join me along with Trustees Glover and Gough for a joint special screening of
Screenagers – gowing up in the digital age.
The movie is Free and will be screened in the (Auditorium) at
John English JMS (95 Mimico Avenue, Etobicoke)
Trustee Robin Pilkey is hosting an annual end of year Ward Council Meeting and social on May 29 at Western Tech, from 7-9, in the cafeteria.
The Western Tech culinary program will be supplying the treats again this year.
As in prior years, some of our local politicians will be talking about what is happening in our area.
It is hard to imagine, but the time has come. Please mark your calendar for this special graduation celebration.
Ceremony 5:00 pm for grads and families – social and light refreshments for all – to be followed by a Dance for the grads only.
Grade Six Parents – If you are interested joining the Grad Committee to plan this event please contact: email@example.com, we are looking for help with the following:
- Committee Leader
- Yearbook / Slideshow — creating / coordinating (work with Andie and the grade 6 teachers and parents to obtain shots from the year)
- Entertainment / Event Coordinators – talk to the grads – see what they would like, get them involved in creating – then organize music, lights, decor, activities for the kids only dance portion
- Food Coordinators – plan the food and beverage for family reception after the ceremony
- Tickets (determine how to handle tickets, follow-up with grads for confirmation, obtain a headcount for ordering food)
- Budget – help committee plan and track expenses
- Photographer (to capture kids coming off stage and take pictures during the reception)
- Communications – (set up email list of grade 6 emails, create and send out blog posts)
- Grade 5 Volunteer Coordinator – set up tasks for grade 5 parents – they execute the evening so the grade 6 parents can enjoy
Let us know if you have a specific interest or simply would like to be involved.
Grade 5 Parents – As is the tradition, we will be asking you to graciously step in to run the evening (once it is all organized) so that Grade 6 parents can enjoy celebration. A volunteer sign-up will follow.
We are looking for 7 cribbage boards, 7 pairs of dice and 7 decks of cards to set up a math game for the primary kids. Hopping with the pegs is so much fun that the kids don’t even realize they are adding in their heads! And of course skunking someone makes it even that much more exciting.
If you have a cribbage board, dice or cards that you could donate, please drop it off in the bin in the office.
Date: Thursday, May 10Time: 7:30 to 9:00 pmLocation: Howard GymAny questions, please contact Adam Noble (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We’re in the home stretch! And are making one last call out to volunteers. Please help our volunteer Lighting and Sound managers – who have essentially taken the week off work – to tear down lighting and sound Friday morning.