Hi Howard Families,
Tomorrow is the big day for the DANCE-A-THON and we are still missing volunteers for the following time slots:
10:35 – 11:15
1:45 – 2:15
2:30 – 3:00
Please email email@example.com to let us know if you can help out!
We also have a revised schedule for you:
This is also your reminder to get your pledges in to sponsor
your little dancers tomorrow. You can do this by logging into your https://www.schoolcashonline.com/
account and go to MAKE A DONATION!
1. Select the amount you wish to donate
2. Make sure to select the Fund Destination as “Howard Jr PS Dance-a-Thon” from the drop down list – otherwise funds will not be directed to our school
3. Complete the page & a tax receipt will be automatically issued to you via email
4. You can also send a cheque to Howard Jr. Public School, and put DANCE-A-THON in the memo, or you can send cash in the pledge envelope that came home a couple weeks ago if you still have it!
Hi Howard Families,
Our annual Dance-a-thon is this Tuesday March 3rd and we need parents to come help by supervising the fun! Pop on some dancing shoes and come embarrass your kids. 😉
Just a reminder, this is a really fun event, where the kids come to the gym with their classes and take turns having a dance party in the gym.
The Dance-a-Thon schedule is attached below so you can volunteer when your child(ren)’s classes are participating. Please email Candice at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
As a reminder, kids can also make song requests on the Professor Jamz website!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Candice and Erin
We have some exciting news to share! We are holding our annual Dance-a-thon this coming Tuesday March 3rd!!
Just a reminder, this is a really fun event, where the kids come to the gym with their classes and take turns having a dance party in the gym. It’s great exercise, supports both our Daily Physical Activity and Physical Education programs… and the kids love it! We need parent volunteers to make this event work! We are working on finalizing the schedule and we will send it out ASAP.
Our goal is for every child to raise $40 (or more if possible!) so if you can, have your kids make some calls to grandparents, aunts and uncles this weekend to see if they will sponsor them! The money raised is going towards making some amazing improvements to our school yard.
MAKING A DONATION IS SUPER EASY:
Donations made online are the most efficient way for you to get a tax receipt and for the students to meet their fundraising goals, as there are zero processing fees!
Please share these instructions with grandparents, distant relations and other potential supporters: everyone can use the TDSB’s payment portal.
To make a donation, follow these instructions:
- Log into TDSB School Cash Online (new users can create their own account)
- Select “Make a Donation”
- Select the amount you wish to donate
- Make sure to select the Fund Destination as “Howard Jr PS Dance-a-Thon” from the drop down list – otherwise funds will not be directed to our school
- Complete the page and a tax receipt will be automatically issued to you via email.
- You can also send a cheque to Howard Jr. Public School, and put DANCE-A-THON in the memo, or you can send cash in the pledge envelope that came home a couple weeks ago if you still have it!
Kids can also make song requests on the Professor Jamz website! Please have them do this so we don’t listen to Baby Shark on repeat! https://www.professorjamz.com/music
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Candice and Erin
Hello Howard Community!
The Lion King needs more help to get the costumes organized and built out. There’s a big costume committee that is back on and back to busy.
To keep costs down, and be resourceful and eco-aware, we are looking outward to find donations of things that YOU DON’T NEED any longer. Before we spend our budget, we wanted to make sure these items weren’t lurking in your basements and closets taking up space. PLEASE SEE THE LIST BELOW!
Please note these items cannot be returned. They will often be altered or adapted.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these items, please email
The Lion King crew
- Black fur (guessing 15 yards) – variety okay
- Colourful feathers – numerous sizes and colours
- feather boas (colourful)
- sheer fabric (tan, camel or light brown)
- vinyl or suede like fabric (tan, camel or light brown)
- faux fur many colours (tan, camel, light brown and white)
- white faux fir – long pile (think Yak)
- orange felt
- ~1/2 inch elastics bands (for cuffs) – any colour
- Safety pins
- Spray glue
- Two sided tape
- African print fabric
- Glue gun sticks
- Quilting filling or similar
- Long white tube socks x4 (NEW!)
- plain black beanie x8
- Tan t-shirt short sleeve
- Leg warmers – ideally white x2
- Bird figuerines x2 (will not be returned)
- Wood dowling 1/4″ – 1/2″ diameter . Need 6′ length
- faux fur removable hood brim from winter coats x 8
- grey hoodie and grey legging / track pants
- black fake leather jacket – around size 12, motorcycle cut x3
- little black knit stretchy gloves. Singles accepted. No returns
- orange yoga mat
A reminder that February’s Parent Council meeting will take place TOMORROW, February 19, at 7pm, in the school library.
Here’s the February 2020 Meeting Agenda, and the January 2020 Meeting Minutes.
Thank you for your hard work and passion for all things Howard!
Hello Howard Community,
The playground committee is in search of your photos and videos of the Howard outdoor space: the good, the bad and the ugly.
Help us document the true value of the Howard space by sharing photos and videos of you and your family using it.
We need photos and video that show how wonderful experiencing the space can be. Have you captured any joyful moments of kids laughing, grandparents smiling, etc?
We equally need documentation of worn out and broken equipment, mud pits and pine needle mountains. The school yard has four seasons of shame that we could show. We all know this revitalization is essential: help us make our case.
Similarly, we know there has been more than a fair share of broken arms, fractured legs and other hospital-worthy injuries, and these images can be potent. Please share yours with us.
How you can help:
Email photos and video to email@example.com
If the files are too big to send via email, please put them into a Google Drive folder and share the folder with firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren’t a Google Drive person, please put your photos and/or video onto a USB thumb drive and give it to one of the Engagement Committee members (Samantha Rupert, Lee Greenberg, Joe Rafuse, Crystal Rickard, Sima Gandhi or Debbie Croft)
How your photos and videos may be used:
On the school yard website howardschoolyard.ca
Within an email to the Howard community
On the school yard campaign’s Facebook page
In a tweet or Instagram message
On a printed poster given to local businesses
On a printed postcard distributed to homes in our school zone
***Please keep in mind that by sharing your photos with the school yard campaign, you are giving us permission to share them on these channels.***
If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions or words of encouragement, please contact email@example.com or any of the committee members.
Thank you for your support!
Samantha, Lee, Joe, Crystal, Sima, Debbie and all the other volunteers