Welcome to the Parent Council
At the TDSB, school councils are an excellent way for parents to get involved in their child`s education. Every TDSB school has an elected school council. Your school council is an important forum for involving all members of the school community in matters that affect the education of students. The school council is made up of an elected committee of parents, staff and student representatives, the principal, and a general membership which includes all parents of children attending the school. The school council advises the principal and the Board on a variety of issues and activities.
- Supporting/enhancing the curriculum (H&S recognizes that teachers and support staff are in the best position to evaluate curricula needs.)
- Promoting the Arts, Music, Sciences, Environmental Awareness, and Physical Activity
- Promoting activities that support inclusion and equity
- Recognizing contributions to the school (e.g. staff and volunteer appreciation, etc.)
- Ensuring that H&S funds are spent, as best we can, in an equitable way across all grades and classrooms.
- H&S should not be using the money that it raises to support charitable causes. There may be other ways in which H&S resources and skills could be leveraged for the right cause. We believe the money itself, was donated on the understanding it be used to enhance our children’s learning experience at Howard.
Contact your Home & School Council any time by e-mailing us at: howardschoolcouncil (at) gmail (dot) com