Donate to the Annual Toy Drive
Please join us in donating to the Parkdale Community Food Bank Toy Drive! Helping is easy: Drop off new toys to the Roncesvalles United Church (Wright Avenue entrance) during the designated times.
- Monday – Friday 10am – 3pm
- Sundays 10am – 5pm
- LAST DAY is December 21st
You can also donate online to this essential local charity; details on their website pcfb.ca.
Support Local Toy Stores
We are very lucky to have Sweet Thrills, Scooter Girl, and Another Story Bookshop on our main street! They are counting on a strong Holiday season to make up for so many months under lockdown. Show them – as well as the Howard auction donors and the other unique neighbourhood businesses – some #locallove.
There is another tradition at Howard: every year the School Council allocates funds to be given to Howard families in need. The Council purchases gift cards that families can use to purchase groceries, clothes, or gifts for their kids. These gift cards are very discreetly distributed by the Howard Principal to the families that need it most.
This process is so discreet that you probably didn’t know it happens every year!
If you would like to donate specifically to this “Holiday Hamper” initiative, please use the School Cash Online donation portal.
- under Gift Information, select or type the amount you’d like to contribute
- make sure the school selected is “Howard Jr PS”
- make sure the initiative selected in the drop down is “GENERAL”
- under Message to School Board, type where you would like the money to be allocated
- select ‘continue’ and proceed through the payment process
- you’ll receive a confirmation screen with a tax receipt and email
If you have questions, please email the TDSB’s School Cash Online support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org