Wednesday night, during our monthly School Council meeting, there were a number of issues that arose and the theme was often one of parent/guardian involvement.
If you missed the meeting, please Watch the recording and consider taking action.
Here’s a summary of what was discussed:
- Lunchtime supervision:
- Deep concern was expressed over the limited supervision available during lunchtime
- Ratio of lunch monitor to students is 1:100, even though COVID protocols keep kids in their classrooms rather than grouped together in the gym or outside
- Esme & Suzy circulate through the classrooms. And every non-teacher resource is called into action. But it still leave most kids unsupervised 2/3 of the time
- If you would like to be involved in finding a solution, please email email@example.com
- Esme updated us on:
- the School Yard Revitalization project – we are on track, weather permitting, to open at the end of November
- TDSB launched PR728 – find out what that means about reporting racist, sexist, homophobic language and incidents
- School Improvement Plan (SIP) – this is a staff-driven document. The 2 foci continue to be Academic and Wellbeing/Equity
- School Statement of Needs (SSON) – this is a parent/guardian-driven document used by the school board to aid them in selecting administrative staff for the school. We need your input!
- Howard’s TPH Nurse Kristina Khatrib presented on
- are you planning to travel? learn about the current quarantining guidance for vaccinated and unvaccinated kids
- new guidance about quarantining if your child has been identified as a close contact and trends in pediatric population
- TPH hotline for more information: 416 338 7600 (m-f 8:30-4:30)
- Key Dates