If you missed the meeting, that’s okay. We made a recording…
Watch or listen to the recording from last night’s school meeting.
Here’s a summary of what was discussed:
- This is going to be a great year!
- Esme gave a rundown of the work happening in the background to support teachers and students
- in class wellness workshops with X Movement that are also available to parents and caregivers via ‘netflix-style’ channel
- School Yard Revitalization project expected to be completed at the end of November; penalties for contractors if they miss the deadline
- COVID approach
- class sizes
- Midori, chair of the Equity Committee spoke of plans for the year ahead
- Sept 30 Orange Shirt Day/National Day for Truth & Reconciliation
- volunteers needed
- for more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other topics covered
- Parent Council looking for more Executive volunteers, STEM, Arts, Fall Fete, Fundraising, Outdoor and other volunteers.
- Budget – during next month’s meeting we’ll vote on the budget for the rest of the year
- How to navigate our website and request to have your message(s) sent via the parent/guardian channels
- Key Dates
- September 30 – National Day for Truth & Reconciliation (aka Orange Shirt Day)
- October 11 – Thanksgiving (no school)
- October 22 – Next council meeting