Did you miss the last meeting of the year? That’s okay. We made a recording…
Here’s a summary of what was discussed:
Esme announced that they are ready for September. However, they expectation is that there will be changes as a result of Toronto Public Health, TDSB and other external decisions over the summer.
Some children may have fallen behind or be struggling as a result of all the online learning. Many efforts are already underway to support these students. Those who wish to discuss their child’s needs, should reach out to their child’s teacher.
School Yard revitalization coming…! Listen to the recording of the meeting for details (timestamp 8:07pm).
- June 20 – Deadline for signing end-of-year teacher cards
- June 28 – Deadline for annual fundraising campaign Help Howard
- June 23 – Grade 6 Graduation 5pm ‘clapout’ at Sorauren Park
- June 29 – Last Day of school
- Sept 6 – Labour Day
- TBD – Student class assignments announced
- Sept 9 – FIRST day of the 2021/22 School Year (full TDSB calendar)
- Sept 22 – Council Meeting – all welcome! Election of Executive Committee for the 2021/22 year
- Sept 30 – Orange Shirt Day
Over the Summer
- The School Council is on hiatus
- Here are other ways to stay in touch
- Access resources for parents on the HPSC website and TDSB support services
- Have your say on proposed Permanent Remote Learning
- Consider volunteering for the school, join a committee or start your own
- Help keep our main street and community strong by shopping local
Follow the links above for details on any of these topics. Have a safe and super fun summer!