Hello from the Home and School Council Equity Committee!
Together with the administration, we are organizing a school-wide event for Black History Month for Howard students and families. We want this event – which will be held at the end of February – to be a meaningful celebration of Black history and culture that strengthens connections among students and families in our community.
We’re looking for leadership from community members! In order to hold a meaningful and relevant event, we are seeking input from the diverse Howard community, in particular from those with a connection to Black communities.
If you’re a Howard community member and would like to get involved with this event, please reach out. There are lots of ways to be involved, including, but not limited to:
- Joining the equity committee
- Attending a January meeting with the school’s equity committee, administrators, and the Home and School equity committee to plan this event
- Leading this event, with support from the school’s admin and Home and School equity committee
- Offering connections to presenters (or providing suggestions of possible presenters)
- Privately offering feedback to the Home and School equity committee regarding the process and/or content
If you’re interested in learning more, please email the Home and School Equity Committee via the contacts listed here:
- Midori: email@example.com
- Erika: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renu: email@example.com
The Home and School Equity Committee