It’s nearly summer and once again time for our annual school potluck picnic – with pizza! All Howard families, as well as past students accompanied by current Howard families, are invited to pull up a blanket, celebrate our wonderful community, and share some tasty food… and pizza! All are welcome, though all children must be accompanied by parents.
DATE: THURSDAY JUNE 20
TIME: 5:30 – 7:30 PM
LOCATION: Food will be set out in the gym, and all are welcome to eat outside!
NO RAIN DATE: If it rains, we will eat in the gym.
NEW THIS YEAR: TWO BIG CHANGES!!
1. WE ARE GOING GARBAGE FREE!!
2. RSVPs AND VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP WILL BE ONLINE
1. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN PLATES, CUTLERY, AND WATER BOTTLES. WE WILL NOT BE SUPPLYING ANY PLATES, UTENSILS, CUPS OR NAPKINS.
As Howard is a Platinum Eco-School, it’s important that we are conscious of how much waste we create. In the past, this event has generated a lot of waste. So bring a few plates, some cutlery, and a water bottle or two so you can enjoy the fabulous food and treats everyone always brings!
2. FILL IN THE 1-MINUTE SURVEY HERE: https://tinyurl.com/pizzapotluck2019 TO LET US KNOW YOU ARE COMING AND HOW YOU CAN HELP.
PLEASE RESPOND BY FRIDAY JUNE 14.
VOLUNTEERS: This is an extremely well attended event, historically, so we need your help. Kindly follow the link to let us know how you are able to lend a hand this year: https://tinyurl.com/pizzapotluck2019
A FEW IMPORTANT NOTES:
– NO PEANUTS OR TREE NUTS in your dishes
– Please bring a dish to share that is large enough to serve those coming in your party. We welcome everything! Main, salad, dessert…
See you on the 20th!
Your Community Picnic Team,
Liz Phillips and Liz Pounsett