In Swahili Rafiki = Friend.
Being a friend to the world means making sure everyone gets the opportunity to lead the life they want.
We ARE fundraising handmade Rafiki bracelets to help Kenyan artisans earn money for themselves and their families so they can send their children to school and take charge of their future.
Rafiki bracelets are made by Kenyan artisans and can be purchased by the Howard Community for $10.00 each
(cash only please).
Rafiki bracelets are:
● Made with colourful glass beads threaded onto a stretch 48” cord
● Wear it your way – as a bracelet, necklace, anklet, headband, give as a gift and more!
● Includes a WE charm
Every Rafiki bracelet makes an impact in three ways:
● It helps the artisan who made it earn a living and save for the future
● It provides a tangible impact, like school supplies to a member of a developing community
● It allows us to fundraise for a cause we care about
Order forms will be sent home by classroom teachers on March 30th.
Orders will be accepted until Thursday April 13th.
Rafikis will be delivered by the end of April.
All proceeds collected after expenses will be donated to WE Education Fund.
Order forms are available through classroom teachers, the office and the attached flyer.