Dear Howard Families,
Summer finally feels like it is here to stay, and with that comes the ANNUAL COMMUNITY PIZZA AND POTLUCK PICNIC! We wish to extend a huge thank you to outgoing potluck organizer, Laura Zeidler, who has passed on the reins this year. Thank you, Laura, for 5 years of amazing pizza and potluck fun!!
As your new potluck team, we are excited to continue the tradition. All Howard families, as well as past students accompanied by current Howard families, are invited to pull up a blanket, celebrate our wonderful community, and share some tasty picnic food…and pizza!
DATE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22
TIME: 6 – 8PM
LOCATION: Food will be set out in the gym, and all are welcome to eat outside.
NO RAIN DATE: If it rains, we will eat in the gym.
VOLUNTEERS: This is an extremely well attended event, historically, so we need your help. Kindly check below how you are able to lend a hand this year. Especially for clean-up!
A FEW IMPORTANT NOTES:
- NO PEANUTS OR TREE NUTS in your dishes
- Please bring a dish to share that is large enough to serve those coming in your party. We welcome everything! Main, salad, dessert…
- The more the merrier – but please note that all students must be accompanied by an adult
- A form to fill out should have come home in your child’s bag. Thanks for returning it to your child’s teacher by JUNE 17 – or you can send an email to Liz Phillips (email@example.com) with the following info:
- Number of attendees
- Dish you are bringing
- If you can volunteer, please provide:
- Your name
- Your cell phone number (for convenient day-of communication)
- When/what you want to do:
- Set-up: 4:30-6:00 pm
- 1st Food Service: 5:45-7:00 pm
- 2nd Food Service: 6:45-8:00 pm
- Clean up (karmically-speaking, the best thing for you!): 7:45-8:45 pm
Your Community Picnic Team,
Gillian Cambridge, Liz Phillips and Liz Pounsett