Please be advised of the following procedures as we prepare for placement of students for next year.
The placement of students in classrooms for next September occurs after much thought and consideration. In order to meet the individual needs of every student, the following factors are taken into consideration:
- The academic needs and learning style of the child (motivated, self-starter, independent learner , requires additional support etc.)
- The social/emotional/behaviour needs of the child (class arrangements provide for children who work well together/this can also mean separating children who do not)
- Support programs – care is taken when placing children who are withdrawn for special programs i.e. Resource, HSP, ESL
- The range and abilities of the students in the class
- The class size and gender balance
Any extenuating circumstances regarding your child’s placement should be brought to the attention of the homeroom teacher.
Thanking you in advance for your understanding in this matter.
Howard Public School
30 Marmaduke Street
Toronto, ON, M6R 1T2