Join the all-new After School Arts Club!
- experiment with different mediums & have fun with art
- each session will run for 5 weeks, on Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 (in Ms. Gillian’s classroom)
- open to everyone in grades 1-6, all skill levels welcome
- capacity is 20 kids, with at least 1 teacher and 1 parent leading the workshops
- the 1st session is Feb. 24th, Mar.3rd, 10th, 24th and 31st
- 2nd and 3rd session will give priority to kids who didn’t get into the 1st session (there will be another sign-up for these later)
- email Candice: email@example.com by Thursday Feb.12th to sign up! Names will be chosen by lottery if there’s lots of interest.
- there is a $5 fee (which is really just $1 per workshop) to cover materials.
The first session will explore portraits:
workshop #1– learn proportion, draw and watercolour paint a self-portrait
workshop #2– pastel portrait inspired by Modigliani
workshop #3– create a Picasso inspired abstract portrait using recycled materials
workshop #4– focus on the eyes, learn shading
workshop #5– group collage, make a giant colour wheel using recycled magazines, etc.