Howard’s environmental club “Earth Buddies“ has an exciting year ahead with more student members than ever before!
We’ve already had great success with our annual learning garden harvest “The Stone Soup Event” and just this week began our waste reduction campaign with a waste audit of our garbage.
This year we will continue to focus on waste reduction and recycling while we explore energy conservation and alternatives (in tandem with a science fair), climate change and of course our annual Earth Week events and Spring Planting.
But we need your help.
We need your support of our initiatives throughout the year, to educate and improve our ecological footprint.
We also need your time.
We’re looking for the following parent volunteers:
- Weekly volunteer(s) to help at our meetings every Friday at lunch
- Modular Volunteers who can help for a month or two during a specific foc
- us (ie waste/energy/climate)
- Special Events Volunteers – extra bodies at big events (ie vermicomposting workshop/earth week events/spring planting)
- Expert Presenters – do you have experience in recycling? alternative energy? etc and can share your experience in 15-20 mins?
- Art and Theatre help with the EB students as they make posters, projects, skits and announcements to spread the word to the school
If you are interested, please contact Elise Beauvais the lead EB parent volunteer, using the contact form on the Earth Buddies page.