Please note the following information regarding Cross Country Running Team:
1. South Conference Meet: Ashbridges Bay Park, Woodbine – Thursday, October 10, 2013. Arrive at school at 8:30 a.m.
First race is at 10;00 am with Grade 1 Girls, then Grade 1 Boys; Grade 2 Girls, etc. The first 30 runners and top 4 teams (of 4+1 runners) will advance to the Conference Finals. New this year: only grade 3-6 runners will qualify to the next meet. You will be notified if your child qualifies for this meet Grade 1 and 2 students are competing only at the South Conference Meet.
2. South Conference Finals: Ashbridges Bay Park, Woodbine – Monday, October 21, 2013. Arrive at school at 8:30 am.
First race is at 10:00 a.m. with Grade 3 girls; then Grade 3 boys; Grade 4 girls, etc. The top 3 teams and the top 20 individuals who are not on the top 3 teams will qualify for the City Championships. You will be notified if your child qualifies for this meet.
3. TDESAA City Cross Country Finals: Centennial Park, Etobicoke – Thursday October 24, 2013.
Race starts at 10:00 a.m. Details to be provided to qualifying students.
Distance for the grades; grade 1-2 approx.1 km, grade 3 approx.1.5 km, grade 4-6 approx.2 km
Please make sure your child brings everything he or she needs for the meets, including:
- Running shoes
- Sweat suit/wind suit
- Rain gear (depending on weather)
- $5 to help defray the cost of the bus transportation to and from each meet
Howard t-shirts will be provided to the athletes on the morning of the meet.
All parents/guardians are welcome to come and cheer for the Howard Running Team.
See you on the trail.
Physical Education Teacher